Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Review: Sim Kebab

Sim Kebab

160 Liverpool Rd
Ashfield NSW 2131
Phone (02) 9797 7909



Sim Kebab located along Liverpool Rd, Ashfield

This was the first kebab shop I visited while I was down in Sydney. Located in Ashfield, the suburb I was staying at with my mates. I asked my friend to take me to the nearest kebab shop from his house and this was it. Upon arriving I noticed a cat was relaxing on the front step of the store, I wish I took a picture of it but it gave a homely feeling. The kebabs were decently priced, $8 was the price I had to pay for the chicken kebab I ordered. Considering the amount of ingredients stuffed into the kebab it was rather good value. It comes with your usual salads of onion, lettuce and tomatoes. Extras available were cheese and tabouli. The sauces were your typical, BBQ, Tomato, Sweet Chilli, Sour cream, Mayo, Hot Chilli, Hommus and yoghurt & garlic. I had mine with just the regular salads and with yoghurt and garlic sauce, which was served from a pallete rather than squeezed from a bottle. This gave it a more home-made sense to it.


Kebab goodness

The meat was shaved and put on the grill, while the bread used was a greek souvlaki bread and was spread with oil before chucked on the grill. The servings were generous and the kebab was the best thing I've tasted since leaving Queensland. The chicken meat was tender, juicy and not too oily. While the bread was superb and doughy. The salads came together well and the yoghurt garlic sauce topped it off perfectly. I highly recommend this place, a nice hidden gem in Ashfield, the staff were friendly and helpful. They were even knowledgable about the surrounding area and gave us recommendations when we were looking for shisha cafes. Wednesday is the best day to visit this shop, as they have a lamb kebabs on for special. Definately something not to be missed.


Fantastic tasting kebab

Overall Rating: 8/10

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites